Wednesday 27 July 2016

Lasham Glide 2016 and 15M Nationals

Hi all

So we start again. Saturday marks the start of the 15M Nationals 2016. Am I ready? Hell I am! I have been so busy at work that nothing is prepared. Fortunately we had a good week at the Booker 'Red Kite' Regionals and I managed to get the glider well fettled and, for me, a little practice.

I hope to be able to give readers a little flavour of the competition and to encourage others to have a go. Tim Scott is also flying the competition but I am not taking an official crew. If any one can offer an afternoon or two of assistance, should I land out, that would be really welcome.

There are 34 competitors in the 15s and many more flying in the other classes so Lasham is going to be busy place for a week. See http://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/lashamglide-2016/ for daily news, tasks, and results.

You can also follow me live at http://live.glidernet.org/#c=51.19063,-0.99201&z=12&s=1&u=i

Jim

ps: A note for other competitors: In this blog I will state my personal point of view about what happens during the competition including any observations about flying tactics and other happenings during the competition. This may not coincide with your own assessment from your viewpoint.

If I upset you by writing these things, that is not my purpose. Please accept that I post in order to inform and entertain my friends and encourage those that do not do competitions to have a go. This blog is not aimed at you so if you do not read it, you cannot be offended by it.

If, however, you do read my blog and consider that what I have said is in any way untrue, then please feel free to post a rebuttal comment, or contact me in which case, and if justified, I will offer a full retraction and apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment