Monday 24 July 2017

Day 1 post script

I think I will find a bridge and throw myself off! It could not be a worse start - well possibly! We were sent on a 176k triangle round STP and ROS back via TET. 15s were right at the back so an early start was not a possibility and having missed the gaggle start I set off into a very poor looking sky.

Actually quite a good run out past Gloucester but then had a low point near Tewkesbury that took an age to get out of. Never really got high again and decided to retreat home as the sky now looked so bad a land out was a certainty on track.

Actually a land out turned out to be a certainty going home and I landed in a very nice flat field beside the Severn near Hartbury. Boris kindly came for me and I met some very nice people who were very helpful and understanding about my fate.

Back home now about to enjoy a Pizza in The Lamb at Eastcombe. Lovely pub with a fantastic garden.


More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment