Tuesday 25 July 2017

Day 2 Outcome

The weather today was not as good as Nils predicted but OK never-the-less. We were set NAI BUG CHN CHE CLN TET AD2 for 240ish. We were first on the grid so launched at 1300 into the blue. Helpfully my tug took me the opposite direction to the drop zone so once again I found myself all alone!!

Getting a decent start height was difficult so as I was well established in the start zone at 2200ft wanting to go, and no one else was to be seen, I started and flew straight to some good air and a 4kt climb at Gloucester. Then on down track taking good climbs off tractors etc.

Got high after the first turn and headed for GT Malvern where I could see a glider turning which I assumed was C64 who had started a few minutes before me. I don't think it was. I had a good climb there then a straight forward flight round CHN and CHE before getting bombed by the open class near Cirencester.

Easy run into CLN and out for a fast final glide into the finish. Only ELL overtook me during the flight but I think quite a few caught me up a few minutes. We don't know because the organisations server has crashed and no one can upload flights for scoring!

Will report when things are known.

On the downside someone has trashed my car!! No note or apology yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment