Sunday 26 August 2018

Saturday Result

Good morning. At last I feel like a proper competition pilot. Yesterday pretty much everything went right!

The organisation set us a 400k TET MOT RAD CLH ANX AD2. I had never been as far W as Culmhead and didn't feel that is was the right direction. 15s were at the back of the grid but we got launched around 12:30 and the start line opened at 12:47 or so. The weather man said that the day would be over by 5pm so I wanted to start before 1pm. Unfortunately, it was a bit tricky in the start area and I fell down low and it took me an age to get back to cloud base. In the meantime nearly everybody went!

I started at 13:16, some 30 minutes after the pack and 8 minutes after Tim. I was so excited to get going I went in the wrong direction and had to throw in a 90 degree turn to the energy line. This line was awesome and took me all the way to Newbury with just two climbs and runs of 22k at 96:1 and 36k at -427:1 (I gained 280ft).


Around MOT and same again starting back up the same street over the higher ground 78k at 437:1 (costing just 600ft) 27k at 87:1, and 23k at 200:1 got me to Radstock where I had caught up a lot of the early starters and overtook Tim.

Then it was a matter of flying with the early starters DW and Y around the last two turns. Coming home was reasonably straight forward so I set off ahead with everyone following. A shower near Bristol was negotiated with a good climb in the rain at the front then an edgy final glide home. I came home a bit hot which cost me a place against Matt Cook and Tim, Dave Watt, and Owain Walters overtook me on this leg landing just ahead. Very happy with 4th place, beaten by Roy, Ed, and Matt.


This puts me 6th overall and is probably the final result as we expect rain today. My best yet. I will try to summarise the competition tomorrow.

BTW well done George at the Juniors. Top 10 is a good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment