Sunday 14 July 2013

Mass landout

We finally launched at 2:35 on the fall back task of HB3 BRL WSL COB HB7 164k into the blue. There were one or two reasonable climbs to about 3200 before the start unless of course you were in a big gaggle when you mostly ended up going down in the climbs.

I got up pretty well on my own and started first at 3:40ish. I set out South in the blue but didn't bump into anything in the first 10k. Still not having a crew and not fancying another landout, I decided to return to base. As I have already blown the comp I didn't have to go. The others did.

I expected the gaggle to do it but as soon as they started a band of cirrus appeared that made it impossible to return. The entire field landed out between Brill and Northampton. So far the winner is on 97 points. I get 9 for 11.3k!!

Steve Brown has arrived to crew for me for the next few days so hopefully I will be able to report better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment