Thursday 4 August 2016

Day 4 Result

Sent off into a very unpromising sky on a 160k racing task with showery sectors at WNW and MAR. Started once then came straight back for a relight. As I sat waiting to go again a whole load of other top competitors landed too!

Back up and a nice climb with worsening sky saw me start straight away on my own again. Pretty good up as far as Harwell but then weak. I could see a way to make the first turn but then had to fly the wrong way to stay up. From now on it was a survival day.



I climbed at DID then headed S for the sun around Newbury where I made cloud base at the start of a street which ran into the second turn. From there pretty straight forward except for a squeaky run into the airfield to land. Really slow but that reflects the distance run. The winner in 2:09 me in 2:28 making me 10th as I write. Several really good pilots landed out so pretty satisfied with the day.

Looks like a better run of weather coming up which may make it a seven day comp. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. well done Jim keep up the good work love the reporting

    ReplyDelete