Wednesday 3 August 2016

Wednesday Day 3 Part 2

Despite the 30kt flying wind and 3000ft cloud bases at BAS we were sent on a 262k racing task around WEL OXM AVE FMA and LAA. We all struggled to get in a good position to start and pretty much everybody but me got away. I struggled some more before finding a 6kt climb to cloud base at the right end of the line and started 15 minutes later.

I then found easy strong climbs and a really good run around WEL and up to OXM where I caught 10 which started 15 minutes before me! I was on a roll.

I rolled on through OXS to WAN then found a strange wave influenced area which didn't work for me and very quickly got low around Redlands area and quicker still on the ground. Duh!!!

I wasn't the only one to screw up but it will drop me further down the field and probably ruin the comp for me. Thanks to Roy Pentacost who kindly came to fetch me from the field.

Talent Night tonight.......

No comments:

Post a Comment