Friday 5 August 2016

Day 5 Result

Hi

Today we got at 3:30 hr AAT round OXF, big sector on OLN, TOW and HUR. Thankfully no checkpoint nonsense around Lasham with a straight in downwind finish. It was a day of three halves:

I started early behind the Frenchies but reasoned that they were being a bit cautious and romped on. 1st half ballistic. Just clipped OXF and right down great but wavering energy deep into East Anglia. Bit of an uneconomical turn but well ahead of the pack.

Fast down track to NOS following some 18M gliders but then a bit slow from TOW going south. I was well happy down to Oxford and well in front of the eventual winners but by WEL they had caught me up. Second half - good.

Now me thinks...can't beat them if I do the same as them. So I goes W a bit deep into the last turn and gets low coming home. A bit of scratch 20k out onto glide gets me home well over time at 89KPH. Good enough for 8th on the day but disappointingly no higher overall.

Happy to have taken some big scalps today. Two more days to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment