Saturday 6 August 2016

Day 6

After the usual crap met briefing we were set a 400 up to CRO in Norfolk back via Oakham and Newbury. I started early due to gippy tummy but all was well. Good run to OXF then a bit of a blue hole to BIC before climbing to cloud base and a very long glide to Peterborough making very good speed.

Round CRO then a poor decision to go N of the lake losing 400ft or so on 700 to the turn. Now the sky starts to blue out so slowed a bit and did a lot of searching S to Oxford again. Here I met up with some of the 18s. They had the legs in the glide but were whoosy in the climbs so I taunted them on by leaving early then slowing so they could overtake me and show the way!

After a great deal of weaving about got a decent climb just before NEW onto a McCready 0 glide. Took this very slow and cautious until I was able to make a couple of turns around Whitchurch that put me fat on a Mc3 glide to the finish.

In the end I was raped by the team players but well satisfied with the flight. Ended up 15th on the day but gained one place overall.

Tomorrow we should fly a short task before the fronts arrive. More then....

No comments:

Post a Comment