Saturday 18 August 2012

Day 1

They say that pride often comes before a fall. I fell right down today! If rule 2 is "do not land out", rule 1 must be "do not land out before the start". That is exactly what I did. I went for a climb a bit downwind as the sky became overcast with cirrus. Unfortunately I got  myself out of range of a relight and faced with a 6k glide back with 300ft in hand and a 20kt headwind, I chose to land in a field before I had even crossed the start line. Bugger!

Before launching I had a chat with William: "Today," I said "is not about winning. It is about getting round and not losing". I think I set my fate at that point.....

William did a fantastic job and did go round the task ending in 3rd just a few points off the lead.
Hopefully just a big zero for me and no penalties....more tomorrow.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment