Friday 24 August 2012

Day 6

With bad weather approaching fast the director spat us up into the air early for a 154k LBZ GRW CAS BED LBZ DUN. Once again I screwed up the start and started later than I wanted under 8/8 at 2500ft. Despite flying a pretty good task to GRW and CAS I was too late and had to fly well N of track back in order to stay in the sunshine.

After BED there wasn't any sun at all and I crept up to Cranfield thinking that I would land there. A weak climb at Cranfield gave me hope but at about 2000ft  it started to rain on me. I went for the best looking air near MK and had a decision whether or not to overfly the town at 1000ft of go for the turn and land. I chose the latter just getting into sector before putting the wheel down.

Unfortunately T4 and some others got back. More unfortunately two pilots crashed trying to get back. Both pilots OK but one glider written off.

Trace on the ladder. Jim

2 comments:

  1. Well done on landing safely! Its intersting how 20 mins difference in start time can be so significant. Why dont you get any points for this flight?

    ReplyDelete