Sunday 19 August 2012

Day 2

A better day today!

The blue clss didn't launch leaving William sitting comfortable in 2nd place (and in the bar).

Tricky this biz. I got up early this morning to do my own weather as yesterday the weather man was clearly out by a mile. I thought the day would be best between 1500 and 1800 but the weather man said at briefng that the day would end at 1500!

Well when we launched at around 1300 the sky looked awful. The director obviously decided to get some of us away on a treasurer's before it went completely tits up. I was on the back of the grid and was persuaded to launch by Watty who was flying Bob Kings 27 K5 today.

Just like yesterday I couldn't get to start height in the start zone so whilst everyone else made a start I trickled up to the sunshine at MK where I got a good climb to 1000ft above start height. This gave me the confidence to wait for the dark bit to clear and the good weather to appear - there was no point going as I thought I unsoarable at the first turn. It did.

I started pretty much last after burning off 1000ft getting back into the start zone (and staying there for 2 mins). Another trickle into good air at MK then on to the best looking bit of sky at Santa Pod before turning for GRW where the sky looked OK. There I started to catch earlier starters and the rest of the flight was a case of finding climbing gliders despite it going a bit gloomy around Calvert.

Around Olney I caught up with Watty and then just sparred with him onto a generous final glide and home. It looks like I may have won the day and made up a few points on the leaders.

Trace on the Dunstable Comp site and the ladder.

Thanks to Glyn for the pep talk and to William for listening to me gripe at breakfast.....

No comments:

Post a Comment