Wednesday 22 August 2012

Day 4 Mark 2 - updated

Weather was difficult to call today. It did do as I expected but the organisation was slow to rebrief and slow to get us away so we ended up on a no hoper 158K to CHN and NOW with a 16:15 start line.

I was unable to get any height before the start without dropping my water; water that I was going to need on the 20kt into wind leg. So I started at about 2k and worked my way down a street to BIC. Unfortunately and despite the fact that I could plainly see that NOW was impossible, I kept racing and rejected a 1.5kt broken climb at Upper Heyford and continued on .... to a little past Enstone then to the ground at Enstone scoring 56.1K for third place and 195 points. The winner got 214.

UPDATE - A5 obviously got his trace in late last night after I posted and won the day. This puts me 300 behind and 97 off a medal. I am not sure it will now be possible to get this back - see below - but I will try.

Jim

2 comments:

  1. well done jim difficult conditions really appreciate th eblow by blow Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely game on Jimbo and that Parker chap is doing well also. Brgds.

    ReplyDelete