Saturday 16 August 2014

Day 1

We were set ALT HAR ILS BUC WAN BUL LA7 but by the time the Juniors had launched the weather to the S was all clagged out so the Director sensibly retasked ALT CHV BUC WAN BUL LA7 which was a bit shorter and into better air.

Off tow I found a thermal and before I knew it was joined by LE. I spent the next 40 minutes chasing Leigh around thinking that would a good thing to do. Of course he lost me just before the start! I started then thought I may have gone too soon but kept on after a short dither.

Flew most of the way to BUC in the company of Matt and Derren. Watty seemed to be doing his own thing. After BUC We were getting very low going into 20kt headwind and I didn't like the look of what they were doing. At that time I found a weak thermal which turned into 4kts to cloudbase and I zoomed past most of the pack into Oxford where I came under M2 and F2 again in a very weak climb at about 2500ft. I bravely left them and went a little NW. There I found a corker to cloudbase but it remained a bitch to get into Wantage against the 23kt headwind.

Finally around then fairly straightforward home but I went slow thinking that I had done the hard bit and it would be foolish to land out now.

DW, 900, M2, F2, and 10 all finished before me but I think I may have embarrassed one or two players! Trace will go up on the ladder in a moment. Results to follow.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment