Sunday 24 August 2014

Day 7 Sunday

Well, it is all over bar the results. As the weather was expected to close in from the NW they set us a short 180k task to the NW! ALT - BSN - RAB - OXS - KGS - MOT - LA5 - LA7 Yes, there really was that many turn points.

All I wanted to do was protect my position, so I decided to start early whatever and get round the task. Went well to start but as I approached RAB it was clear that the approaching front was killing the sun and the lift. I dropped a little ballast and was caught by the gaggle who started a few minutes after me.

We all trundled NE into the slightly better air and crept our way up to Abingdon. There the climb was OK but there looked to be better further East so I elected to do a long glide in and out of OXS towards Benson. Everyone followed me for a change!

Goodish climbs and very good runs going South put us all in towards KGS. The gaggle powered through the turn but I found a good climb behind them which gave me the option of pushing a little further S to let the wind take me to MOT. Good climb after KGS put me on glide with T4 just behind.

As it happened, we both had far too much energy and using the into wind lines was able to fly all the way home at 100kts+ crossing the line at VNE.

Will post the result later.

2 comments:

  1. great comp Jim thanks for the commentary well done! I know how difficult it was today many of us struggled to get away from booker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Jim. Glad you had a week where the only F Ups were the ones you had for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete