Friday 9 July 2010

Friday Day 5

An AAT was set but it didn't meet with Tim's approval. He (and others) protested so much that the Director changed the task to another, less suitable, task which he later fell back to NAI NOW ENS NY1 200k. This would prove to be about right.

As I was on the front row and the sky looked crap I positioned at the back of the grid. This looked like a really good decision as early launchers relighted. With cloudbase only 2,400ft I decided to wait a few minutes so that I could go straight off tow if necessary. Unfortunately my probe was not fully pushed in so when I did launch I had no instruments! Pulled off at 50ft and landed at the end of the field. Now the fact that the organisation had nicked my crew meant that it took 15 mins more than I wanted to get back on line.

Took off again and started right away some 30 mins after Tim etc. A bad run had me near the ground at Aston Down and by the time I climbed away I was feeling crap and flying worse. I returned to NYM and decided not to restart and land. Day over. Anne made me tea.

Matt won the day first of 12 finishers. Hope to be back on song tomorrow. Maybe rule 1 should be 'Directors direct. Competitors compete. All parties should respect this rule'

No comments:

Post a Comment