Monday 5 July 2010

Monday Day 2

Following a pessimistic forecast from Sid's replacement the Director set a 300 going to Bedford via Great Malvern, back via Broadway. I was last to launch and I got to cloud base 3300ft as the start line opened. I had planned to start about 1:30 but bumped into Dave who promptly started at 12:13. I reasoned he must have a good reason so followed him all the way to the first turn arriving about 1000ft higher.

I expected Dave to go back to restart but as we had had a good run I decoded to continue and flew the rest of the flight on my own. Good runs and strong climbs took me in and out of BED and nicely to BRO via EDG and then following the ridge. After BRO I followed a street out over Cheltenham and settled for a 3kt climb onto glide. This was not really necessary as the run home along the line of the ridge brought me home with tons of energy. Glad that I had put the bug wipes back on as I had to use them 5 times on task.
Finished 10th today due to early start. The day continued to improve and I reckon that one could have started as late as 2:30 and romped around. Ah well! Starkey beat us all by a mile again.

500 tomorrow? Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment